The information you share with e
-MARINE allows us to provide the products and services you need and want while giving you the very best customer service experience. It’s our promise to customers that we respect the trust you place in us and the privacy of the information you share. Part of providing superior customer service includes making sure that we're building a relationship of trust with customers. Our way of doing that is to let you know in a clear, prominent, and easily accessible way how we collect, use, share, and above all protect your personal information. Our Policy outlines:
- How and why we collect your personal information;
- How your personal information is used and protected;
- When and with whom we share your personal information; and
- What choices you can make about how we collect, use, and share your personal information.
Our Policy covers how and why we collect, use, protect, and share your personal information:
- At e-MARINE and its respective distributors in the South Korea, and
- On our website where this Policy is posted.
- Our Policy focuses on personal information – information that identifies you or reasonably can be linked to information that identifies you.
- For example, when you place an inquiry online, we collect personal information, such as name, address, and phone number, and anything you share with us. We ask you not to disclose sensitive information such as debit, credit card number, or your social security number.
What is Our Pledge of Accountability?
We require our associates, business partners, and service providers to manage your personal information properly. We have designated a team of trained associates who are responsible for helping to ensure compliance with this Policy. We require all those who manage customers’ personal information to do so properly and in accordance with our policies.
What Type of Information Do We Collect?
We collect two types of information: (1) information we receive from you and (2) information we receive from others. Information we receive from you includes information you share with us, such as when you send us an e-mail through our website. This also includes information you provide us through technology, such as through a cookie placed on your computer when you visit our websites. We also receive information from other sources to help us supplement our records, improve the personalization of our service to you, and detect fraud. Our goal is to limit the information we collect to the information needed to support our business. We collect information to deliver the products and services you request and to help improve your customer service experience. We collect information from you in a variety of ways when you interact with our stores, websites, and mobile services. Information We Receive From You
You share information with us in various ways in our stores and online. For example, you share information when you:
- Request customer service or contact us;
- Post a review or comment on one of our social media pages, or post a rating, review or other user-generated content on one of our websites or mobile services; and
- Participate in a contest, sweepstake, promotion, or survey.
- When you engage in these activities, you may share different types of personal information with us, such as your name, email address, physical or postal address, phone number, date of birth, and payment information. You also provide us information in other ways through technology. Some of this information may be linked to you personally. This information helps our websites and mobile services work correctly and supports our customer marketing and analytics efforts – our work to understand our customers’ needs and provide information about our products and services. Here are some examples:
- Device Information: We collect technical information when you visit our websites or use our mobile applications or services. This includes information such as Internet Protocol (IP) address, the type of mobile device you use, your device operating system and browser type, a unique device identifier, the address of a referring websites, the path you take through our websites, and other information about your session on our websites.
- Browsing Information: We use technologies such as cookies, web beacons, and mobile device identifiers to collect information about the use of our websites and mobile services. Cookies allow us to provide you relevant information as you use or return to our sites. Web beacons allow us to know if a certain page was visited, an email was opened, or if ad banners on our websites and other sites were effective. We use these tools to provide a continuous and more personalized customer service experience for you. See “What Are Your Choices?” below for more information.
How Do We Use Your Personal Information?
We use your personal information to provide you products and services, such as to fulfill your requests for products or to help us personalize our offerings to you. We also use your personal information to support our business functions, such as fraud prevention, marketing, and legal functions. Some examples include:
- To fulfill your requests for products and services and communicate with you about those requests;
- To administer contests, sweepstakes, promotions, and surveys;
- To provide customer service and alert you to product information, including recalls;
- To help us personalize our service offerings, websites, mobile services, and advertising;
- To help us improve your experience in our stores and through our websites and mobile services;
- To send you information about our products, services, and promotions;
- To respond to reviews, comments, or other feedback you provide us; and
- To protect the security and integrity of our websites, mobile services, and our business.
To do this, we combine personal and non-personal information, collected online and offline, including information from third party sources. We also transfer or share your personal with our partners, such as with C-MAP and others listed on Partners section of our website, for these purposes, as permitted by law.
How Do We Share Your Personal Information Outside of e-MARINE?
We will not sell or rent your personal information. We may share your personal information in limited circumstances, such as to conduct our business, when legally required, or with your consent. We will not share your personal information outside of our corporate family of companies, except in the following circumstances: Legal Requirements and Protection of Our Company and Others
We may share your personal information in other special circumstances, which include situations when sharing is required by law, or we believe sharing will help to protect the safety, property, or rights of E-MARINE, our customers, our associates, or other persons. Examples include:
- Protecting the health or safety of customers;
- Addressing crimes committed on e-MARINE property;
- Identifying and addressing fraud or financial risk;
- Providing personal information from cameras to law enforcement at their written request;
- Responding to a search warrant or other valid legal inquiry; and
- Responding to an investigative body in the case of a breach of an agreement or violation of law.
In the event that all or a part of our business is merged, sold or reorganized (including transfers made as a part of insolvency or bankruptcy proceedings), personal information about you could be shared with the successor business. We will use reasonable measures to help ensure that any successor treats your information in accordance with this Policy. With Your Consent
In any circumstance other than those described above, we will ask for your affirmative consent before we share your personal information outside of our corporate family of companies, and we also will not sell or rent your personal information.
What are Your Choices?
You have choices about the various ways we collect, use, and share your personal information.
- We may send you marketing communications. You can tell us your marketing preferences by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Some of our mobile services use your device’s location information. You can adjust the settings of your mobile device at any time to control whether your device communicates this location information.
- We want to offer you choices about the different ways we collect, use, or share your personal information. These choices are described below.
When we are sending marketing communications to you, we use the following standards:
- We use an opt-in standard for phone and text messages. We use an opt-in standard for sharing personal information with companies outside our corporate family of companies for their use in direct marketing, such as sending you promotions. Opt-in means we will only conduct the activity with your affirmative consent.
- We use an opt-out standard for email or for other communications, such as postal mail. Opt-out means we may contact you, but will stop upon your request (as described below).
If you contact us by email or mail, please be sure to include your full name, the types of communications you would like to receive or not receive, and your related contact information. For instance, if you would like to opt-out of mail, include your mailing address. Please allow sufficient time for your marketing preferences to be processed. It may take up to ten days to process your requests related to email and up to 30 days to process your requests related to telephone calls, text messages, and sharing information with your consent. Please note that postal mailings are often prepared many weeks in advance, and you may continue to receive mail for six to ten weeks. Since we do not accept opt-out requests from third parties, such as catalog opt-out services, please communicate your request directly to us through one of the mechanisms mentioned above. Please know that, even if you opted out of receiving marketing communications from us, we may still contact you for transactional or informational purposes. Some examples are contacts for customer service, product information, service or reminder notices, customer surveys, or recalls. We may also need to contact you with questions or information regarding your order.
How Do You Access and Update Your Personal Information?
We provide you with various ways to access or update your personal information, including contact and account information. We also take reasonable steps to keep your personal information accurate and complete. You can access or update your personal information, including contact or account information, in the following ways:
- Contact us through one of the ways listed in the “Contact Us”section at the bottom of this Policy. Please include your current contact information, the information you are interested in accessing, and your requested changes. We will provide you the personal information requested if it is reasonably available, unless it infringes on the privacy of other individuals, and subject to reasonable limitations provided by law and internal procedures. Otherwise we will describe the types of information we typically collect. We will provide access and make the changes you request, or will provide an explanation of what actions we will be able to take with regard to the request.
- If you need to access your personal information related to a specified service provided to you by e-MARINE service provider or business partner, we will refer you to the service provider or business partner. Please contact us via the “Contact Us” section below.
How Do We Secure Your Personal Information?
We recognize the importance of maintaining the security of our customers’ personal information. We use reasonable security measures, including physical, administrative, and technical safeguards to protect your personal information. We have a team of associates who are responsible for helping to protect the security of your information. Whether you are customer service on our websites, through our mobile services, or in our stores, we use reasonable security measures, including physical, administrative, and technical safeguards. These measures may include security access controls or other physical security safeguards, information security technologies and policies, procedures to help ensure the appropriate disposal of information, and training programs. Here are some examples of security measures we use to protect your personal information:
- Encryption technology, called Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), helps to protect personal information in certain areas of our websites during transport across the Internet. The presence of SSL encryption may be indicated by https in the browser URL or the image of a closed lock or solid key in the browser window. These indications may not be present in mobile services that use SSL.
How Does e-MARINE Protect the Privacy of Children Online?
Our websites and mobile services are intended for a general audience and are not directed to children. We recognize the importance of protecting children's online privacy. In order to protect the privacy of children, e
-MARINE websites and mobile services knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13 only with prior parental consent or as permitted by law. Please Contact Us if you believe we may have collected information from your child through our websites or mobile services and we will work to delete it.
You can contact the e
-MARINE Privacy Office online or by postal mail. Contact Customer Service for store experience, marketing preferences, and general feedback/questions. Contact the Privacy Office - Please feel free to contact the privacy office with any questions or comments about this Policy or about how your personal information is handled. You can also contact us via the address below:
Mail: e-MARINE Co., LTD 5F Adora B/D, 272 Toegye-ro, Jung-gu, Seoul, South Korea (04618)
What Are Your California Privacy Rights?
with any questions, or to request a list of third parties to whom we may share personal information for their marketing purposes and the categories of information we may disclose.
How Will I Know if this Policy Changes?